So you want to be a DAO Leader for Phonon DAO
DAO Leader Brief
If Working Group Leads are the heart and soul of Phonon DAO governance, then DAO Leaders are the muscle and sinew that hold it all together. Our DAO Leaders spearhead the process to update our Long-term Strategic Plan, serve as first point of contact for outside entities wishing to engage the DAO, and coordinate supplemental budget requests, among other things. They wear a lot of different — but useful — hats.
This hat may or may not be useful.
The goal of this post isn’t to convince you to nominate yourself to be a DAO Leader — if you’re here, I’ll presume your interested, so let’s dive into the nuts and bolts. (That said, please do check out our formal governance structure for the official position description.)
You must be a member of Phonon DAO (i.e., a Phonon DAO Token holder) to be a DAO Leader. There must also be an open election window (check in our Discord for more details about the next election window).
To nominate yourself as a DAO Leader, you will need to answer these questions:
- Discord Handle
- Summary Experience in DeFi/DAOs
- Reason for applying
- Involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO
- Qualifications — What will you bring to the DAO as a DAO Leader?
- Minimum accepted compensation
- Confirmation that the applicant can commit the time required for the position; Other projects they are working on; time they can commit to the position weekly
- Other experience, perspectives and insights that would enable the individual to satisfactorily serve as DAO Leader
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Reply.”
3. Type in your nomination, and click “Reply.”
4. That’s it — your nomination is live! I would recommend you keep an eye on the thread to respond to any comments/questions/concerns from your peers.
The next step will be for all nominees to be moved to another Discourse thread, at which time DAO members will vote for their preferred candidate(s). At this point, there’s really not a lot that you can do, other than advocate for yourself. If there is competition, perhaps we’ll host a “debate” to allow candidates to discuss topics that are important to the DAO.
The top candidate(s) will be moved to Snapshot for official approval.